I Like to Drink Beer on Hunting Trips

Yes, it’s true, but never before or while I’m hunting, that’s totally unsafe. I always wait until after the hunt is over and the guns are all locked away for the night. Beer has never gotten me into a fist fight with my pals, or got me thrown out of the camp for the night. No, I must admit that, of all the spirits that I’ve hunted with before, beer is the most agreeable.

Maybe it’s because I enjoy it so much, that I sometimes decide to not get up the next morning and go hunting with the rest of the boys. That allows me to sit around until all hours of the night drinking beer, and then I just volunteer to be the camp cook for the next day, which allows me to sample many of the different types of beer that the others have brought up. I’ve gotten to try several types that I can’t get at home, and it’s heaven for me.

You may think that I sound like a beer snob, but really I’m not. Isn’t there something that you love to do? Something that you don’t get technical about, but still find happiness in just doing it? Well, that’s beer and hunting for me. I don’t know what hops are what, or what kind of yeast was used to give the beer its aroma. I leave that up to the BeerClubGuide.com to figure that stuff out. I just like to taste it. To experience it for a moment, and then go on with my life.

Oh right, I mentioned hunting. Well, I don’t own a gun, and I don’t care how a gun even works, but I love being out in the woods, basking in the serenity and the beauty of it all. Drinking in the squirrels chatter from the forest, and possibly even a nice cold lager or perhaps a stout ale from England. Again, it’s one of those things that I love to enjoy, but I could really care less about the steps involved in getting me to that point. I would rather spend my time in the splendor of the moment, than analyzing the chain of events that brought that bliss about. Like my lady says, I’m just a simple man, with a simple plan. I think she’s right.

Delivered to you by the editorial lineup at Beer Club Guide, where you can discover the very best monthly beer club.