Labels:

Carolyn A Moran - I am so excited to be included in The MTV Movie Awards

Wire Wrapped Pendant

-Bio artist: Carolyn A Moran
Carolyn Moran is the self-taught designer behind Care More Creations. She handcrafts dramatic wire wrapped jewelry with natural healing gemstones. In 2006 she gave up her x-ray tech career and moved with her husband to Alaska along the Kenai River.

Your Shop Name
Care More Creations

Your Shop Url
http://www.caremorecreations.com

-Where are you originally from?

Carolyn was born in a small town in Northwest Pennsylvania where she was raised on a farm by two wonderful loving parents. It is there where she learned to love and appreciate nature, which is the inspiration behind her creations.

-How did you choose the lovely name for your Shop?

Care More Creations was titled after the first syllables of Carolyn Moran's first and last name.

good_collage_launchherDo you sell your products in many places ? tell us some of them ?

Care More Creations jewelry is sold primarily through her website and Etsy Shop. However, she has several displays throughout her hometown in PA, current town in AK and Belize where she spends some time in the winter.

-How did you find the site who you sell and who it this (name) ? How long have you been selling on this site ?

A wire supplier suggested to Carolyn that she open a shop in Etsy back in 2008. Since then she has successfully sold her creations there. Just this year she created her own website to include more detailed information about herself, her jewelry, the history of wire wrapping, healing gemstones, a blog and also a link to her Etsy Shop.

-How would you describe your style? Have any other artists etc influenced your style?

Carolyn's love of nature together with her love of fashion has inspired her to create this dramatic line of wire wrapped jewelry. When she started creating wire wrapped pendants, she followed instructions from a couple tutorials and a few books. As time went on she discovered ways to individualize each piece. She started to let the personality of the stone determine everything and developed her own unique style of earthy, unique and dramatic jewelry.

- How did you first come to art and creativity? How did your journey in art and creativity begin?

All my life I have loved to create...since childhood when I discovered that my hands and my heart were my best tools! You name it, I probably attempted to create it.

-How long have you been creating?

-What is it that you love so much?

Nature, Fashion, Family, Friends, Good Food and a Good Beer!

-What are your main sources of inspiration?

As above....Nature, Fashion and Family

-Have you had any mentors, or are you self taught?
Self taught

Wrapped Pendant -Do you sell more at one time of year than others?
The fall season seems to bring more sales in anticipation for the holiday gift-giving season.

-What is one thing about your creative process that you think most people don't know?

How much I love it! I love wire wrapping because it suits my personality. Redundency tends to bore me. Every design that I create is so unique that I never get bored. I find it very rewarding to start with just two key elements: stone and metal, and using just five wire tools,along with my hands and my heart, create unique natural jewelry. I have always been attracted to calming swirls, curves and blending of colors in a natural balance and rhythm. I feel a calmness with the soft side of design vs. the intense boldness of straight lines and angles. Bringing this softness to the hard element of rocks, along with the shiny element of wire brings a passion out in my personality where I can create truly unique pieces of wearable art that are feminine yet dramatic.

Have some tips and advices for new artisians ?

There is so much that I have learned over the past 4 years. If you really want to sell your creations online, I would say my best advice is to create a business plan, learn as much as you can about marketing and make sure you are up for the challenge. Because being an artist is a passion, but selling your work is a whole different ballgame, especially if you are on your own with no marketing help. Also, brand yourself from the beginning with a cohesive "feel" throughout your business labels. I wish I would have....the hundreds and hundreds of old ugly business cards I have stored in my closet are proof!

-How has life affected your art and art affected your life?

 Pendant My lifestyle, including my upbringing and current surroundings is touched by nature. This love of nature has affected my art in the love of natural gemstones. My art in turn has affected my life in so many ways. Since retirement it has motivated me to get up in the morning with anticipation to handcraft a new wire wrapped creation. It has taught me to more outgoing and social in the marketing world, such as craft shows. It has also given me the privilege of being my own boss.

-Do you have a favorite item you have made?

I love so many, but my favorite creations are the more rustic ones using my favorite stone, picasso jasper and favorite wire, gunmetal toned copper.

-What is the best reaction you have gotten from one of your pieces?

It is always rewarding to acquire new customers through customers. It tells me that my jewelry is being worn, admired and I am given credit for its creation. That is the best compliment.

Something else who you want to tell us about you ?

Wire  Pendant Last September Care More Creations was invited to join The Artisan Group, which is a prestigious group of like-minded artisans and business owners who collectively gift their handmade products to celebrities through award show gift lounges. I am so excited to be included in The MTV Movie Awards gift lounge presented by GBK Productions in a couple weeks. As a member of The Artisan Group my wire wrapped pendants will be included in 100 swag bags distributed to celebrities, along with a couple pendants on display during the event. It is going to be an amazing journey. I have also had the privilege of gifting the lovely actress, Jessica Alba and the talented chef and talk show host Rachael Ray through The Artisan Group. www.TheArtisanGroup.org

-Your message for all of us?

~Don't allow the stress of marketing your business take away from the rewarding creative process.