Labels:

FEATURE SELLER - INTERVIEW WITH Evelyn "Sumikoshop"

Share on Facebook!Share on Facebook!
stop time with the thought - Pendulum Necklace
I am very excited to introduce series of interviews for our EPL TEAM with 3 Etsians SELLERS , Today I’d like to introduce you to Evelyn "Sumikoshop" She is a sweet and very talent person who make handmade jewelry one of a kind and others are made in limited quantities..



-Bio:

My name is Evelyn, I’m 29 years old and the mother of a beautiful boy named Brian. I live in a tourist town by the sea, in Italy. I spend a lot of time with my son, which is why I can spare the time to create and experiment with new things.
I am crazy about travelling and would gladly travel around the world. I love adventure and unspoiled places…. white beaches …the sun ... my dream would be to live somewhere warm all year round.

Hazelnut - Olive Green -  hair pin


-Where are you originally from?
I was born in Verona where I lived until I was 25, then I moved to Cervia with my new family: Andrea and my little Brian.


I chose the name "Sumiko" because I wanted to create a line of T-shirts, and it seemed a nice name for a fictional character. Since that idea was too expensive, I started making accessories instead but the name stayed the same.



-How did you find Etsy? How long have you been selling on Etsy?

I discovered Etsy while surfing the Internet. At first I opened an account as a buyer but after a month, around July 2008, I decided to open my shop.

Vintage raw Brass Leaf Hair  Pins




-How would you describe your style? Have any other artists etc influenced your style?

I love to experiment with different materials and various styles. My collections vary greatly in style, but they all tend to be feminine, elegant and youthful. I love using vintage components, and sometimes there is a fairy tale touch to my jewelry.
I try to stay true to my own style while keeping in touch with the latest trends in fashion and the trends here on Etsy. I often find my ispiration from my surroundings and the materials I use for my projects.






Black Red Vintage Hair Pin






How did you first come to art and creativity? How did your journey in
art and creativity begin?


I have always had a passion for sewing clothes for myself, since I went to a fashion design school, but I also loved unique and original accessories, and I found such a joy in creating them, or seeing people wear them.
I never stopped creating whether it was clothes or accessories, but I decided to open my little shop only two years ago.



-Have you had any mentors, or are you self taught?

I am self-taught !



-Do you sell more at one time of year than others?

The months coming up to Christmas are the months with more sales.
I wish I didn't have to wait for the winter months to sell more, I would like to have a steady number of sales every month.



-What is one thing about your creative process that you think most
people don't know?

perhaps my messy studio? LOL
I tend to turn my studio upside down every time I create something, because while I am working on an item, all of a sudden another idea comes to me and so I start a second item, than a third idea hits me .... and so I find the whole table full of projects that need to be finished ...



-How has life affected your art and art affected your life?

Creativity fills my day ... it's a way to express my imaginative and sunny personality... since I've created my Etsy shop, I've met many nice people and I have been learning many new things, like photography and English ...



-Do you have a favorite item you have made?

I can't choose one ... I love all the things I've been creating recently



-What is the best reaction you have gotten from one of your pieces?

I have some items that sold more than others, the favourite and best selling of all was "Paris Bracelet"
probably the continued demand surprised me and made me happy ....
also the feedback from satisfied customers is one thing that pushes me to create even more.



-Your message for all of us?


Do not get discouraged and continue to create and improve your service. Give your best and Be happy!

Thank you so much Evelyn :) you are so great artist !!!!!