FEATURE SELLER - INTERVIEW WITH SoleDeVita - EPL MEMBER

I am very excited to introduce series of interviews for our EPL TEAM with 3 Etsians SELLERS , Today I’d like to introduce you to SoleDeVita She is a sweet and very talent person who make handmade jewelry funky, colorful, funny .


Yellow Dots Stud Earrings Original design OOAK


-Bio:

My name is Solvita and I am 27 years young. I am married for 3 years now and live happy and calm life.


-Where are you originally from?

I am from Latvia, quite small but beautiful country in The North of Europe. A country with untouched nature and fresh air. :) Welcome!


-How did you choose the lovely name for your Etsy Shop?

It was pretty difficult to figure out the name of my shop. So I took a piece of my name, a piece off my surname and mixed all together. From Solvita Daneviča to SoleDeVita.


-How did you find Etsy? How long have you been selling on Etsy?

Actually, about Etsy told me Liga from Filigreecreations. (http://www.etsy.com/shop/FiligreeCreations) She already had a Etsy shop and she encouraged me to open my Shop. Big Thanks to her for that! :) I listed my first items on Apr 18, 2010. So not so long ago..



-How would you describe your style? Have any other artists etc influenced your style?

Describe my style? Hmmmm.. This is hard. I always find hard to describe my self. I think my style is a quite unique and one of a kind. Nobody has influenced me, it is all me. I found my way to capture Nature in a 1.5 inch space and I love it! :)


- How did you first come to art and creativity? How did your journey in art and creativity begin?

Since I remember my self, I've always created something. Greeting cards, button necklaces, earrings, picture collages and so on... Now I am grown up and I wanted to do something different. I started to make colorful Pin-back buttons for young Ladies. I wanted to do something different an NOT to make those buttons with "funny jokes". So I found my style. I use natural feathers, recycled paper, gorgeous colorful paper from Thailand, real gold and silver foil, beautiful dried flowers from Latvian meadows, water colors and black ink.

-What are your main sources of inspiration?

I love nature and it is the greatest inspiration of all. What can be more beautiful as flowers and the colors of sundown and sunset and evening sky? Or colors of Spring and Autumn?







-Have you had any mentors, or are you self taught?

I am Self-taught. No one has taught me.


-Do you sell more at one time of year than others?

:))) I wish... So far No.


-What is one thing about your creative process that you think most people don't know?

They don't know how subtle is this work. If you have trembling hands, this work is not for you.. And if I add Gold foil or feathers to a button I DO NOT BREATH AT ALL... No sneezing!! :) This is so light and airy, one puff of wind and ALL beauty flies away.



Pinback buttons-Purple petals (set of 2)



-How has life affected your art and art affected your life?

My life has become much more interesting. Thanks to Etsy and crafting I have virtually met so many Amazing People. Every new day brings me lots of fun and new challenges. My Art has colored my life! :)


-Do you have a favorite item you have made?

Actually, I love each and every of my buttons. I put in them lots of love and they are like my Babies! This is one of my favorites http://www.etsy.com/listing/48862402/pinback-buttons-yellow-flowers-set-of-2


Pinback buttons- Yellow Flowers (set of 2), Original Design, OOAK, 1.5 inches -38mm in diameter.


-What is the best reaction you have gotten from one of your pieces?

Best reaction is BIG smile on customers face and "Thank you" from a heart! :) It warms my soul when I see that the buyer is happy. Of course, selling through Etsy is not so personal, but you can alway leave a nice feedback..


-Your message for all of us?

BE ORIGINAL!!! Find your way and keep creating! This is the simplest and the hardest advice I can give.
P.S. And as some wise Man once sad: "Beauty will save the world" -------------------------------------
THNKS SO MUCH SoleDeVita you are a fantastic person and artist!!!!!!!!