How can we live lightly on the Earth and save money at the same time?
Save energy to save money
GO GREEN PLANET Charm Bail Ball Chain Necklace
Did you know that 30% of your home's heat is lost through your doors and windows? This is mainly caused by the heat loss through the glass, wood, and framing materials. Help reduce your heating costsby installing Energy Star windows and doors to help lower your energy bills by 12%. Window drapes and coverings can be used over windows to help reduce heat loss.
Water heaters are the second largest energy user in houses, after home heating. Installing a thankless hot water heater would warm your water only when needed, instead of keeping the water constantly hot, saving you up to 50% on your energy bills.
I realize it is like stepping back in time without getting rid of my modern conveniences. I'm doing many things I learned as a child, like line drying my clothes, sweeping instead of vacuuming, opening the windows in the morning to catch the cool breeze, only buying what I need instead of everything that looks cool, growing some of my own food, and canning what I can't eat now.
Sweet and Cheerful Medium sized Blue Coin Purse with green heart and blue pottery button
Many people think "going green" is expensive, I disagree. Some changes may take an initial investment, but they usually have a short payoff time. Things like weather stripping and insulation cost, but the energy savings will add up quickly. You may need to purchase reusable bags, but most stores give you a 5 or 10 cent credit, so you are paid back within a few months.
10 Sheets of Handmade Recycled Paper (8"x10") Natural Off White in Color with Rose of Sharon Petals, Victorian Style Texture
Natural Off White in Color with Rose of Sharon Petals
- Turn off all the power at the power points when not in use & before bed.
- Take shorter showers.
- Walk instead of using a car. Ride a bike.
- Cover windows with heavy thick curtains to reduce power usage of air conditioning & heating.
- Also change the thermostat a couple degrees so that heating/cooling turns off sooner.
- Re cycle everything.
- Use material shopping bags and not use shopping bags that are from shops ( plastic etc)
- Pay bills online instead of having paper bills sent out to you.
Big, beautiful wreath made out of dozens of recycled wine corks from wineries all over, accented with a springy chocolate and blue polka dot ribbon to give it some flair!
- Ask for green power if you have that option from electricity supplier.
- Use a gas BBQ instead of charcoal
- Open windows when cooking to save using an exhaust fan, and when in shower.
- Gas heating is better than wood.
- Use environmentally friendly house hold products.
- Plant trees.
It is always a good idea to remind ourselves.
Why Go Green? Reduced pollution, global warming, respect for the planet!!!!!