How many times have you been bombarded by images of stick thin women that grace the covers of magazines? How many times do you see yourself and you wish that your lips were a little bit fuller, or you had just a little more curves (or less), and you wished that you looked completely different? Do you have children, and you feel bad with the fact that they are constantly bombarded with images of airbrushed women that always seem to have a guy hanging on their arm? The image of women is becoming distorted more and more everyday. Women, here is your call, you are beautiful! You don't need to judge yourself based on what magazines tell you. If you are having a hard time with your body image, you need to love yourself. Loving yourself is the only way that can help you when it comes to your confidence. If you want to be more confident, love yourself. Here are 5 ways how.
1. Support the things that you do. Instead of criticizing yourself, how about you start thinking about the things that you are good at? Don't give up hobbies that you like to do because they aren't mainstream or that no one can do them. That makes you even more unique, and even a bigger reason to love yourself. If you want to get better at photography, take some time and take classes to do so,
2. Take care of yourself. You don't have to be a size 2 to be happy with yourself, but it is always a good idea to take care of your body. Eat healthier foods to feel better about yourself. As long as you feel better with yourself, it doesn't matter what you look like. You will be a lot happier if you spend some time being active.
3. Love your flaws. Acknowledge that sometimes you get frustrated very easily. And, laugh about it. It's ok to make mistakes. No one is perfect. It's ok.
4. Look at yourself in the mirror. Take time out of your day and look yourself in the mirror. Tell yourself that you are beautiful and that no one can compare. It's true. Tell this to yourself more often, and you will believe it. You will feel better about yourself.
5. Love yourself now. Stop waiting for someone else to love you. Love yourself. You will feel more confident and people will be attracted to you.