What’s the best way to have a great athletic season? Think positive and actively set out to have the best year! By keeping the negativity out and the spirit up, you can leave the drama at the door and only leave room for memories, friendship, and growth.
1. Push yourself at practice. Endless practice is a lot of work, but it’s worth it. Push yourself to go one step further, to jump one inch higher than before. The hard work will pay off and make the rest of the season (and year) so much better.
2. Wear the right clothes to practice. Wearing the right practice wear can actually make working out and practicing easier on your body. Invest in a few durable pairs of shorts and tops that are either made from cotton, Lycra, or a moisture management fabric.
3. Bond with your teammates. Starting right at the beginning of the new athletic season, get to know your teammates on a friends level. Practice or camp is a great place to start. Being on a sports team is much more fun when you’re playing and competing alongside friends.
4. Don’t stand for bossiness. Whether it’s on purpose or on accident, a bossy teammate can make practice drag on. Speak up to the teammate or coach to clear the air.
5. Say ‘no’ to gossip. Just don’t do it. It can ruin friendships and the team’s foundation of trust.
6.Treat your teammates like family. Like saying ‘no’ to gossip, don’t let other people gossip about or bully your teammates. Stand up for one another and show your teammates you’ve always got their backs. You wear the same sports uniform; that makes your team a family!
7. Set out to be a role model. Whether it’s your little sister or a girl on the middle school squad, always act like a role model. You never know who may be looking up to you and aspiring to be just like you.
8. Respect your captain. Maybe you tried out to be captain and weren’t chosen. Maybe you never wanted to be captain. Either way, respect your captain. It’s a tough job and it takes some time adapting. Be a friend and make his job a little easier by listening and responding kindly.
9. Eat healthy. It’s never too late to change your diet and start eating healthier. This doesn’t mean you can’t ever have a burger or piece of pizza again. Instead, add vegetables to your meals. Take fruit with you to practice as a snack. Whatever you do, make sure you’re eating enough and often.
10. Set goals. Are you hoping to improve your jumps? Learn a new trick? Run faster? Setting feasible goals for yourself is a great way to motivate and inspire you.
For over twenty years, Omni Cheer has supplied cheerleaders with apparel and accessories. The cheer gear retailer guarantees the lowest prices on high-quality items, including uniforms, warm-ups, shoes, pom poms, practice wear, accessories, fundraising items, and body basics. To learn more, please visit the online store.